Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mighty Bite with Jeff Mancini - I Wanna Go Fishin'


I want to go fishing. I want to get out along the water, out in the crisp, fresh spring air. I'll take a deep breath, let out all of my anxiety and commune with the tranquility that only nature can provide while I brush up on my hunting and gathering skills.

Moments later, I'd bait my hook and get into the age-old chess match of matching wits with the fish, knowing my hunger would depend on the outcome (not my survival. I'd probably be 500 yards from the nearest interstate and I'll probably have packed a sub sandwich for the day).

Then, I would get frustrated and want to tip the balance in my favor by using Mighty Bite.

Designed by world-renown fisherman Jeff Mancini, Mighty Bite is a 5-sense fishing lure that looks so much like a wounded bait fish that, if you're not paying attention, you'll try to fry them up like sardines. You can get 10 different sizes of Mighty Bite lures, each with the bite mark design in their ribs. Use the scent sticks, adjust the weight on your lines, and game fish quickly become trophies.

M'mmm. And I'd only keep what I plan to use for my hunger. I'd even channel all my Southeastern Maine heritage and overcome my distaste for fish. Or I'll use ketchup.

Happy fishing season!!

Labels: ,